What is the difference between a dependable construction company and an undependable construction company? A reliable and professional construction and demolition company abide according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and laws. Being compliant with OSHA means adhering to all applicable codes, which keeps the workplace safe and reduces the number of illnesses or injuries to people. In this blog, we will list the requirements and regulations that are OSHA compliant.
What is OSHA?
According to OSHA.gov, Congress passed the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 to ensure workers’ safe and healthful working conditions. OSHA ensures enforcing specific standards by providing training, outreach, education, and assistance. Without OSHA, the workspace will be hazardous for anybody.
The standards and regulations need to be followed indefinitely by any sector or business. Here are a few requirements and rules that need following:
- An employer must be responsible for a workplace that is free from severe threats as recognized by OSHA and effectively observes with standards, rules, and regulations that the OSH Act has issued.
- Supplying workers with personal protective equipment (PPE) (at no cost to the worker) measures and offers appropriate protection.
- Utilizing color codes, safety signs, labels, and posters, to prepared workers for possible hazards.
- Having tools and equipment in the facility that are safe and properly preserved.
- Setting up the official OSHA poster in a noticeable space within the workplace to guarantee employees comprehend their rights to a safe workplace.
- According to whistleblower protections, managers and companies cannot get revenge, penalize, or discriminate against employees who file complaints against them.
- After an inspection with a compliant OSHA officer, businesses must immediately fix the violations found promptly.
- As soon as citations are handed out from OSHA inspectors, employers must post the citations at or around the violated working space.
- Employees have the right to freedom to look at the Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, including poisoning and accidents.
- Welfare and safety training is mandatory and needs to be in languages and vocabulary that employees can apprehend.
- Improve, execute, and create working procedures and effectually verbally connecting the requirements and regulations to workers.
It is crucial to research, comprehend, and comply with all the operational procedures related to PPE, safety signs, and communication of hazards. Some examples of adhering to OSHA regulations and techniques can be buying new hard hats, posting traffic cones around the site, and putting hazard signs for dangerous chemicals.
Adhering to OSHA can help prevent any dangerous accidents that might occur upon a worker. Whether it’s in a restaurant, office, or construction site, employers and employees should follow the proper work safety procedures. Morgan Services Group Corp is OSHA compliant and specializes in residential and commercial construction projects. If you need an OSHA-compliant construction company for your next project, contact us at our website.